How Much Money Do Webcam Models Make?

How Much Money Do Webcam Models Make?

How much does a webcam model make? This is obviously one of the most commonly asked questions in the webcamming industry. Sadly, over zealous promoters and recruiters answer this question often times with over exaggerated amounts. I've seen people answer $50,000 or $100,000 a year. I have even seen one recruiter answer $250,000 a year.So, truth be told, a webcam model can in fact earn $250,000 a year. This can be completely true, however the recruiter answering $250,000 did not go on to explain how this is possible.

So how is this possible? How can a webcam model earn $250,000 a year? Well, there are a number of ways this can happen. Perfection. There are some models who are drop dead gorgeous - perfect features from the muscle tone to the smile, the hair to the hips. If you have a phenomenal body and killer looks, people are going to pay to see your body. These blessed people can pull in hundreds of dollars an hour. But that's not the only way to make triple digits. Some models are former porn stars. These models have higher rates, are identified as porn stars online, and are also recognized by fans and people curious to spend time with a porn star. These people have a definite financial earnings advantage. But most models are not perfect looking specimens and most are not porn stars. These two groups make up about 2% of the webcam modeling community. The other 98% are people just like you and me.

And in fact, it is possible for people like you and me to earn $250,000 a year. But again, the recruiters who give these figures fail to provide details. Models who make that much may work 40 hours a week or more on camera. Remember, you make your own hours on a webcam. There are some models who may spend over 100 hours a week on their webcam. There is no limit on when you can be on or off line. Dedicated models can spend all day and night on camera if wanted. Obviously if these models have the ability to be a full time webcam model, they are going to have maximized earnings. I DO NOT RECOMMEND QUITTING A JOB TO PURSUE WEBCAM MODELING FULLTIME. At least not until you have an established fan base. This is another thing recruiters fail to tell you when they mention three figure dollar amounts. Webcam models who make that much money have taken the time to retain solid regular customers. Regular customers are key. They get email notifications when you are online. They make sure to be online when that performer is online. They follow the models schedule. Models who have returning customers make the most money. You don't make that kind of money by logging on randomly and hoping someone takes you private.

So how much money can you expect to make? This is a trick question. It all depends on how often you are online. My personal schedule is very conflicted. I have little time to be online. Generally, there are 2 weekdays where I can work 4 - 5 hours during the day. Then, I can work 3 nights during the week from 7:00 - 10:00. During these times I can make really good money. I really did not work even half of what i just listed during the months of July and August. During summer, I usually just logged on 2 nights a week for regular customers, but was able to make about $200 each night. Winter is far better for me and I make much more when I am confined to the house. Here are screen shots of my earnings on F4F February through August:


Now, seeing what I make working minimal hours during my free time, maybe you can answer the question yourself as to how much does a webcam model make. You might be able to work more hours. You might be able to commit to a solid schedule. You may be better with people then me. You may be better looking then me. There are a million factors as to how much you can make as a webcam model, and those factors are completely in your control.

Remember, you do not have to be smoking hot. I am not. I don't have a perfect body. I don't think I am anything more then average looking. I don't even compare to those models physically. I am just a normal, everyday looking person. I don't turn heads when I'm in public, but online I am constantly told how beautiful I am, how perfect I am. What makes me so perfect? I guess it's the fact I smile when I'm online and I connect to customers. Customers want that. In fact that is more valuable to them then a perfect body. Perfection is unattainable and customers know perfection is fantasy. Flaws are reality. Embrace everything about yourself and you can make a killing. The money is out there and it's waiting for you. 

Why not take the chance and find out for your self how much money you can make as a webcam model. I use these sites: F4F and InternetModeling. With two sites, you can maximize your earnings and make the most of what you have.